Early detection can improve the prognosis of many diseases, keep medical costs down, and help your pet live longer.
- Many dogs and cats are good at hiding signs that something is wrong.
- Subtle changes in their health or behavior might be easy to overlook.
- Depending on the disease, some pets don’t show any symptoms.
Dogs and cats age much quicker than humans
- It is important for our companion animals to receive regular exams by a doctor
- The risks of arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, hormone disorders, and kidney and liver problems all increase with age.
- During your pet’s wellness exam, we will perform a physical assessment, checking your dog or cat from nose to tail.
- We will also make sure your pet receives appropriate vaccinations and preventions.
- We will perform a diagnostic workup, which may include blood, fecal, and urine tests to check for parasites and underlying diseases.
- We may also recommend that your pet receive dental care.
- When your pet is nearing their senior years, we will recommend a baseline exam and diagnostic workup so we’ll know what’s normal for your pet. This will enable us to keep track of any changes.
Because you spend the most time with your pet, you are your pet’s expert, as well as his or her greatest advocate. Please let us know if you’ve noticed any physical or behavioral changes in your pet, as well as any other concerns you might have.
Call us today to schedule your pet’s exam! If you have any questions, we would be happy to discuss our adult wellness program in more detail.