Congratulations on your new kitten! Thank you for choosing us to help protect and care for your new addition to your family.
- Our kitten wellness program is designed to help get your kitten started on the right path to a long and healthy life
- The first few months are a critical period in your kitten’s development.
- We can give you the support and tools necessary to help them grow into a well-mannered and healthy cat.
- This includes information and advice on nutrition, litter box training, and behavior.
- Schedule your kitten for their first exam as soon as possible
- Until your kitten has received a series of vaccines, they are susceptible to many serious but preventable diseases.
- We will make sure your new pet is protected against rabies and panleukopenia (distemper).
- Depending on your cat’s risk, we may also advise vaccinating him or her against other diseases, such as feline leukemia virus (FeLV) and feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV).
- In addition, your kitten will need to be tested and treated for parasites, which are common in young cats.
- Most kittens have roundworms, which are intestinal worms that can cause coughing, weight loss, and a potbellied appearance in cats (although they may not cause any symptoms).
- It is important for kittens to be treated for roundworms, not only to help rid them of the infection but also to prevent you and the rest of your family from becoming infected.
- Roundworms are a zoonotic parasite, which means they can be transmitted from pets to people. By ensuring that your kitten is properly treated, you can keep your entire family safe.
We look forward to meeting your new kitten! Schedule your appointment today.