Rabies: Current in the last year for puppies and the past three years for adults.
DHLPP: Current in the last year.
Bordetella: Current in the last year.
Canine Influenza (H3N2 & H3N8): Not required but HIGHLY recommended
Fecal: Must have a negative stool sample within the past six months.
***If any local cases are reported of the Canine Flu, we will go back to making it a requirement for boarding***
- Regarding puppies, you must get approval by your veterinarian to board puppies under 3 months and must have completed their first two series of vaccinations .
- New pets must have been in your possession for at least 3 weeks and have been examined by a veterinarian in order to board.
- We recommend your dog have annual heartworm testing and regular preventative; flea preventative.
Feline Boarding Requirements
Rabies: Current in the last year for kittens and the past three years for adults.
FVRCP: Current in the last year.
Note: We recommend that cats be tested for feline leukemia and FIV.
Note: If fleas are found on your pet, treatment WILL be applied and additional charges will apply.
Aurora Kennel offers playtime for your dogs in our fully enclosed outdoor play area and our indoor play room. Our indoor playroom has a fully rubberized floor for non-slip playing. Playtime consists of 20 minutes of one on one time with your pet and one of our highly trained assistants. Only dogs who live together may play together. We supply a variety of toys, including balls, frisbees, tug toys and lots of extra loving. In the event of inclement weather, playtime is moved indoors. You can schedule playtime as often as you’d like: once a day, twice a week, or whatever fits your dog's needs.
We use Hills Science Diet for Sensitive Skin & Stomach; food changeover issues are minimal and we have had great success with it. If your dog needs to eat a certain food, feel free to bring it with appropriate instructions.
Beds / Bedding
Our mainstay is a plastic platform bed which keeps your pet off the ground and allows air to circulate underneath for temperature control. We supply bedding, like blankets and our new Cuddle Mats if your pet agrees not to chew it up. Please let a staff member know if your dog is a chewer as it can result in the need for medical treatment if any bedding is ingested. We reserve the right to charge you for excessive damage to our beds.
- We will administer any required medications.
- Most pills and liquid medications will be at no additional charge, but a charge will apply for difficult pets, ear/eye treatments, or injections. Diabetic management is an additional fee but we cannot take diabetic pets who are not good eaters. If we cannot get your diabetic pet to eat we will contact you and determine a course of action. You or someone you trust must be reachable if your pet is a diabetic. All medications must have proper labeling with complete instructions.
What to Bring
- Emergency phone number
- Medications if needed
- Toy if desired (Note we do not permit rawhides, as they can become slimy choking hazards)
- Bedding is permitted as long as it is 100% machine washable in a standard washer. We are not responsible for destroyed bedding.
As a courtesy, we ask that you please inform us as soon as possible in the event that you do need to cancel your reservations. During Holidays, you may be required to leave a one night, non-refundable deposit.
In Case of an Emergency
If your pet becomes ill or injured we will make every attempt to notify your emergency contact. Situations that require immediate attention will be handled at our discretion. We will use Aurora Veterinary Clinic during normal hours. For after-hours emergencies we will use the VCA Great Lakes Veterinary Specialists in Bedford Heights. On your first visit we will ask you to fill out a release, where you will express to us your wishes regarding emergency care of your pet.
You can download a form HERE and fill it out in advance.
We will gladly quote you a price over the phone. All prices include food, bedding (if eligible), and basic medication requirements. Pricing is per night, like a hotel, with check out time being 10:00 a.m. Pick up after 10:00am will be charged an additional half night. There is a minimum charge for a one day stay.
We accept cash, personal checks (with a valid drivers license), Visa, Mastercard, & Discover at time of checkout.
We can bathe your dog while they are boarding here.
Note: Additional charges do apply for bathing. We do not offer full service grooming at any of our facilities.